The sixty-first session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 13 to 24 March 2017. Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are invited to attend the session.
In accordance with resolution 2015/6, the Bureau of the Commission, prior to the session, identified the “empowerment of indigenous women” as the focus area for the sixty-first session.
The Commission would, as necessary, continue to discuss emerging issues, trends, focus areas and new approaches to questions affecting the situation of women, including equality between women and men, that require timely consideration, taking into account developments at the global and regional levels as well as planned activities within the United Nations, where increased attention to gender perspectives is required, and with attention to relevant issues on the agenda of the Council, in particular its annual main theme, as applicable.
- 05/05/2017 ECOSOC 2018 Consultative Status Application - NGOs interested in applying for ECOSOC consultative status should submit their application and required documents before 1 June 2017... read more>>
- 04/07/2017 National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day - Our Community Blog has been updated with a new CDC report "HIV Among Youth in the U.S."... >>read more
- 03/11/2017 Youth Forum & UN Women -Transdiaspora Network Delegation Attending a Youth Forum at the United Nations... >>read more
- 03/09/2017 Medgar Evers College & TDN - Our Founder Ariel Rojas signed an official Memorandum of Agreement for the next 5 years... >>read more
- 03/08/2017 10th Anniversary - Transdiaspora Network to Celebrate 10 Years with Cuban Music... >>read more