New York (Feb. 3, 2017) – Upon the recommendation of Transdiaspora Network, the Division for Social Policy and Development in the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, in partnership with the International Federation for Family Development, has cordially invited NYC Health Assistant Commissioner Javier López to attend a high-level panel discussion as part of the 55th session of the Commission for Social Development.
This panel will bring leaders of civil society together with Member States to discuss “Inclusive Cities for Sustainable Families.” The event, which will be held at United Nations Headquarters in New York on February 6th, 2017, will start with presentations by non-governmental organizations working with the United Nations and Member States to eradicate poverty at the local, national, regional and international levels.
Mr. López’s participation will add unique value to discussions and contribute to a collaborative and cooperative environment at this event since he leads the Bureau of Systems Partnerships at the Center for Health Equity. As their mission, the center is strengthening and amplifying NYC Health Department’s work to eliminate health inequities, which are rooted in historical and contemporary injustices and discrimination, including racism.
- 03/11/2017 Youth Forum & UN Women -Transdiaspora Network Delegation Attending a Youth Forum at the United Nations... >>read more
- 03/09/2017 Medgar Evers College & TDN - Our Founder Ariel Rojas signed an official Memorandum of Agreement for the next 5 years... >>read more
- 03/08/2017 10th Anniversary - Transdiaspora Network to Celebrate 10 Years with Cuban Music... >>read more
- 02/03/2017 U.N. Commission for Social Development - Recommended by Transdiaspora Network, NYC Health Assistant Commissioner will attend a UN high-level panel discussion... >>read more
- 01/30/2017 #Youth2030 - TDN Founder Ariel Rojas is representing our organization at the ECOSOC Youth Forum... >>read more