TDN’s unique RIPPLE Program™ is centered on the notion of embodied knowledge and the cultivation of multiple intelligences — emotional, intellectual and physical. Participants are given a different language to communicate with, drawn from their cultural reservoirs, as well as a venue where they can freely conceptualize and vocalize their feelings. Our curriculum also includes a workshop session on PrEP/PEP Decision-Making Education & Counseling.*
The program integrates 3 modules:
- Dance Mediation – The Dance Mediation module is an innovative and holistic approach to prevention centered on the notion of embodied knowledge. Through body-centered experiences, participants gain both self-awareness and a sense of belonging.
- Storytelling Dynamics – Through the exploration of social and culturally relevant stories, the Storytelling Dynamics module engages adolescents in active listening about HIV prevention and promotes self-expression and dialogue. The sessions give a voice to the teens’ own narratives.
- Social Photography Workshop – Participants learn rudimentary photography skills while gaining a deeper understanding of their surrounding community and HIV-related issues. The Social Photography module fosters a process of self-expression and thoughtful communication about identity and community.
*PrEP = Pre-exposure Prophylaxis; PEP = Post-exposure Prophylaxis. Type of counseling that understands the critical role of context in determining risk behavior, and focuses on developing strategies to assist our program participants, who are HIV negative, avoid and/or overcome triggers or other situations that might make it difficult for them to achieve their sexual health promotion goals.
Disclaimer: The RIPPLE Program, the BOLD Initiative, the Tour to Health and the Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellowship are trademarks of Transdiapora Network, Inc. They are protected by U.S. Copyright Laws and are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Transdiaspora Network, Inc. Copyright 2011 Transdiaspora Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- 08/13/2017 IYLA Global Summit - Transdiaspora Network has registered a 20-member delegation to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit... >>read more
- 07/27/2017 Youth Building Peace - Our founder Ariel Rojas, and a delegation of youth, are invited to attend the commemoration of the International Youth Day 2017 at the United Nations... >>read more
- 06/13/2017 TDN Civic Night at Brooklyn Farmacy - TDN Founder invited to introduce our cross-cultural initiative to Brooklyn residents and businesses [June 14, 7PM, 513 Henry St., Bklyn]... >>read more
- 05/05/2017 ECOSOC 2018 Consultative Status Application - NGOs interested in applying for ECOSOC consultative status should submit their application and required documents before 1 June 2017... read more>>
- 04/07/2017 National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day - Our Community Blog has been updated with a new CDC report "HIV Among Youth in the U.S."... >>read more