NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
Transdiaspora Network (TDN) celebrates the best in the field of Youth Development and Health Promotion, especially HIV Prevention, since 2012 by presenting the Changemaker Award to an individual or organization that demonstrate excellence and outstanding achievement in their work with the community.
The Changemaker Award honors one community leader who exemplifies the spirit of TDN. The Award recognizes innovative individuals in the community who inspire us; it shines a light on visionaries who are taking the lead in capacity building and youth development in the HIV/AIDS prevention space and providing living examples of the power of dedication and hard work to change the world, one teen at a time. TDN invites you to nominate those individuals and organizations you believe are the most deserving of the 2016 Changemaker Award.
- An individual or organization involved in youth development and health promotion, especially HIV prevention
- Self-nominations will be accepted (you MUST submit 1-2 letters of recommendation)
- There is no limit on the age of the nominees
- Nominations submitted in previous years that were not selected to receive an award may be revised, expanded and resubmitted
- Nominations may be made without the knowledge of the nominee. However, we encourage nominators to inform their nominees
- TDN staff, Board Members, and Advisors are not eligible to receive a TDN Changemaker Award for individual achievement during the period of their active service and for two years thereafter
- The general evaluation criteria include the following:
- Impact of the nominee’s project/work/effort on the community and the youth population
- Degree to which the nominee’s project or effort is unusual or pioneering, or serves as an example that influences others
- Demonstrate a commitment to youth development, capacity building, and HIV Prevention
- A completed nomination form
- A concise description/narrative of the project, program, organization, or individual that is being nominated.
Nomination procedures and key dates
- To be considered for a Changemaker Award, nominations must be received by April 8, 2016, before 3:00 pm.
- Award recipients (and their nominators) will be notified by April 13, 2016.
- Award announcements and presentation are made at a special ceremony during TDN’s Nineth Annual Benefit Cocktail in the Spring. Award recipients are required to be present.
- This year’s ceremony will be on April 22, 2016.
- To request the nomination form, or if you have any questions, please contact us info[at]transdiasporanetwork.org.
- 06/13/2017 TDN Civic Night at Brooklyn Farmacy - TDN Founder invited to introduce our cross-cultural initiative to Brooklyn residents and businesses [June 14, 7PM, 513 Henry St., Bklyn]... >>read more
- 05/05/2017 ECOSOC 2018 Consultative Status Application - NGOs interested in applying for ECOSOC consultative status should submit their application and required documents before 1 June 2017... read more>>
- 04/07/2017 National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day - Our Community Blog has been updated with a new CDC report "HIV Among Youth in the U.S."... >>read more
- 03/11/2017 Youth Forum & UN Women -Transdiaspora Network Delegation Attending a Youth Forum at the United Nations... >>read more
- 03/09/2017 Medgar Evers College & TDN - Our Founder Ariel Rojas signed an official Memorandum of Agreement for the next 5 years... >>read more