In addition to monthly HIV prevention and health promotion workshops, the “Tour to Health” encompasses site visits to significant college campuses, international agencies, city-wide organizations, neighborhood clinics and cultural institutions serving local young people and the global community advocating for strong community identity and cultural values. Through these activities, youth practice social advocacy by interacting with public health professionals, local organizations/leaders and elected officials and stressing the importance of more inclusive and culturally competent HIV prevention strategies.
LAST UPDATE (April 2015) – Read our youth’s reflections: Visit to UNAIDS New York Office – You Can’t Always Judge A Book By Its Cover – Culture And Its Ties With HIV – Wonderful People Helping Out at PATH Center – Touring The Caribbean House Health Center – Remembering AIDS Activism – World AIDS Day & Theater Of The Oppressed – Local Health Fair – The Atlantic Antic
- 03/11/2017 Youth Forum & UN Women -Transdiaspora Network Delegation Attending a Youth Forum at the United Nations... >>read more
- 03/09/2017 Medgar Evers College & TDN - Our Founder Ariel Rojas signed an official Memorandum of Agreement for the next 5 years... >>read more
- 03/08/2017 10th Anniversary - Transdiaspora Network to Celebrate 10 Years with Cuban Music... >>read more
- 02/03/2017 U.N. Commission for Social Development - Recommended by Transdiaspora Network, NYC Health Assistant Commissioner will attend a UN high-level panel discussion... >>read more
- 01/30/2017 #Youth2030 - TDN Founder Ariel Rojas is representing our organization at the ECOSOC Youth Forum... >>read more