In addition to monthly HIV prevention and health promotion workshops, the “Tour to Health” encompasses site visits to significant college campuses, international agencies, city-wide organizations, neighborhood clinics and cultural institutions serving local young people and the global community advocating for strong community identity and cultural values. Through these activities, youth practice social advocacy by interacting with public health professionals, local organizations/leaders and elected officials and stressing the importance of more inclusive and culturally competent HIV prevention strategies.
LAST UPDATE (April 2015) – Read our youth’s reflections: Visit to UNAIDS New York Office – You Can’t Always Judge A Book By Its Cover – Culture And Its Ties With HIV – Wonderful People Helping Out at PATH Center – Touring The Caribbean House Health Center – Remembering AIDS Activism – World AIDS Day & Theater Of The Oppressed – Local Health Fair – The Atlantic Antic
- 06/13/2017 TDN Civic Night at Brooklyn Farmacy - TDN Founder invited to introduce our cross-cultural initiative to Brooklyn residents and businesses [June 14, 7PM, 513 Henry St., Bklyn]... >>read more
- 05/05/2017 ECOSOC 2018 Consultative Status Application - NGOs interested in applying for ECOSOC consultative status should submit their application and required documents before 1 June 2017... read more>>
- 04/07/2017 National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day - Our Community Blog has been updated with a new CDC report "HIV Among Youth in the U.S."... >>read more
- 03/11/2017 Youth Forum & UN Women -Transdiaspora Network Delegation Attending a Youth Forum at the United Nations... >>read more
- 03/09/2017 Medgar Evers College & TDN - Our Founder Ariel Rojas signed an official Memorandum of Agreement for the next 5 years... >>read more