The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum, to be held on 30-31 January 2017, will provide a platform for youth to engage in a dialogue with Member States and share ideas on innovation, collective action and solutions to global problems. It will also address the concept of “shared prosperity”, which is at the core of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The forum will bring youth leaders from around the world to the UN Headquarters in New York. It will give them the opportunity to engage with policy-makers and other youth delegates and representatives.
This two-day event will feature interactive dialogues among representatives from youth organizations, high-level and other keynote speakers. A number of sessions will be held on aspects of the themes for the Economic and Social Council and the High-level Political Forum and space will be created for regional perspectives. A Ministerial Roundtable, The UN’s Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals and a diverse group of YouTubers will also take part in the discussions aimed at supporting multilateral approaches led by the United Nations.
- 09/04/2018 Nelson Mandela Peace Summit - On Sept. 24th, our President/Founder Ariel Rojas will be in attendance as an observer to the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit at the United Nations headquarters.
- 09/04/2018 New ECOSOC President - Earlier this summer, Rhonda King of the Caribbean island nation of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, was voted in as the new President of ECOSOC... >>read more
- 08/20/2018 Kofi Annan's AIDS legacy - Mr. Annan characterized the impact of AIDS as the single greatest reversal in the history of human development, the greatest challenge of our generation... read more>>
- 07/15/2018 Long Life to the teens! - Note from TDN founder following the statement of soccer legend Pelé... read more>>
- 04/10/2018 National Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day - Only 10% of U.S. high school students have ever been tested for HIV ...>>read more