Brooklyn, NY (Oct.5, 2019) – Transdiaspora Network is commemorating National Latino AIDS Awareness Day (NLAAD) as part of Hispanic Heritage Month by hosting a panel discussion that will elicit a dialogue among local leaders and the Latinx community in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The panel Culture, Diaspora & Health Promotion will bring the attention about the impact of HIV in this area and will examine the importance of creating culturally relevant health initiatives that engage teens and young adults of low-income and immigrant backgrounds. We aim to raise awareness around issues related to stigma, prevention and health promotion… El panel será conducido en español
October 18th, 2019 + 6:00-8:00PM
245 23rd St, Fl 2nd, Brooklyn, New York 11215 view map
Ariel Rojas, MS, MA – President/CEO/Founder
Lissette Marrero, MSW – Chief Operating Officer
Deivis Ventura – Health Advocacy Partner
Luis Mares, LMSW, Community Mobilization Programs Director, Latino Commission on AIDS
José Díaz – Latino Financial Adviser, Juntos Campaign, New York Life
Genesis Aquino – Community Liaison
FREE ADMISSION. Confidential HIV testing. Refreshments will be served. RSVP here
Hosted by Transdiaspora Network in partnership with Mixteca Organization and Turning Point Brooklyn.
In NYC, during 2017, 36% of the new diagnosis were among Hispanics/Latinx and 32.8% of the people living with HIV, at the end of 2017, were Hispanic/Latino.
Our organization is committed in securing the local implementation of the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals #3 (ensure healthy lives and promoting the well-being for all at all ages), #4 (ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all), and #5 (achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls).
Infographics: HIV and Latinos
- 07/22/2022 U.N. High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development - Transdiaspora Network submits official written and oral statement (video) to the United Nations... read more>>
- 07/21/2022 How Did We Get Here? - TDN blog contributor's reflection regarding Supreme Court’s decision about abortion and reproductive rights... read more>>
- 07/05/2022 New Partnership with City Office - Transdiaspora Network has engaged in a partnering with NYC Summer Youth Employment Program... read more>>
- 06/29/2022 New Strategic Agreement - Transdiaspora Network signs a new Memorandum of Agreement with Liberty Partnership Program... read more>>
- 06/27/2022 NYC Church On Board - Transdiaspora Network has forged an alliance with NYC church... read more>>