Brooklyn, NY (Oct.5, 2019) – Transdiaspora Network is commemorating National Latino AIDS Awareness Day (NLAAD) as part of Hispanic Heritage Month by hosting a panel discussion that will elicit a dialogue among local leaders and the Latinx community in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The panel Culture, Diaspora & Health Promotion will bring the attention about the impact of HIV in this area and will examine the importance of creating culturally relevant health initiatives that engage teens and young adults of low-income and immigrant backgrounds. We aim to raise awareness around issues related to stigma, prevention and health promotion.
October 18th, 2019 + 6:00-8:00PM
245 23rd St, Fl 2nd, Brooklyn, New York 11215 view map
Ariel Rojas, MS, MA – President/CEO/Founder
Lissette Marrero, MSW – Chief Operating Officer
Deivis Ventura – Health Advocacy Partner
Luis Mares, LMSW, Community Mobilization Programs Director, Latino Commission on AIDS
José Díaz – Latino Financial Adviser, Juntos Campaign, New York Life
Genesis Aquino – Community Liaison
FREE ADMISSION. Refreshments will be served. RSVP here
Hosted by Transdiaspora Network in partnership with Mixteca Organization.
In NYC, during 2017, 36% of the new diagnosis were among Hispanics/Latinx and 32.8% of the people living with HIV, at the end of 2017, were Hispanic/Latino.
Our organization is committed in securing the local implementation of the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals #3 (ensure healthy lives and promoting the well-being for all at all ages), #4 (ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all), and #5 (achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls).
Infographics: HIV and Latinos
- 10/05/2019 National Latino AIDS Awareness Day - Transdiaspora Network is hosting a panel on October 18th from 6:00 to 8:00PM... read more>>
- 08/20/2019 Transcending Partnership Agreement! - NYS Assemblymember Diana Richardson welcomes long-term partnership with our NGO...read more>>
- 08/19/2019 Outstanding Outcome! - Transdiaspora Network senior managers meet NYCDOHMH representatives with positive results...read more>>
- 08/12/2019 International Youth Day - Message from TDN Chief Operating Officer... read more>>
- 08/11/2019 TDN Community Blog Updated - Take a look at the latest entries posted in our blog written by our Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellow... read more>>