New York (Feb. 3, 2017) – Upon the recommendation of Transdiaspora Network, the Division for Social Policy and Development in the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, in partnership with the International Federation for Family Development, has cordially invited NYC Health Assistant Commissioner Javier López to attend a high-level panel discussion as part of the 55th session of the Commission for Social Development.
This panel will bring leaders of civil society together with Member States to discuss “Inclusive Cities for Sustainable Families.” The event, which will be held at United Nations Headquarters in New York on February 6th, 2017, will start with presentations by non-governmental organizations working with the United Nations and Member States to eradicate poverty at the local, national, regional and international levels.
Mr. López’s participation will add unique value to discussions and contribute to a collaborative and cooperative environment at this event since he leads the Bureau of Systems Partnerships at the Center for Health Equity. As their mission, the center is strengthening and amplifying NYC Health Department’s work to eliminate health inequities, which are rooted in historical and contemporary injustices and discrimination, including racism.
- 09/16/2017 TDN Emergency Relief Fund - The path of destruction left behind by Hurricane Irma means victims’ need for assistance is only beginning... >>DONATE HERE!
- 08/13/2017 IYLA Global Summit - Transdiaspora Network has registered a 20-member delegation to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit... >>read more
- 07/27/2017 Youth Building Peace - Our founder Ariel Rojas, and a delegation of youth, are invited to attend the commemoration of the International Youth Day 2017 at the United Nations... >>read more
- 06/13/2017 TDN Civic Night at Brooklyn Farmacy - TDN Founder invited to introduce our cross-cultural initiative to Brooklyn residents and businesses [June 14, 7PM, 513 Henry St., Bklyn]... >>read more
- 05/05/2017 ECOSOC 2018 Consultative Status Application - NGOs interested in applying for ECOSOC consultative status should submit their application and required documents before 1 June 2017... read more>>