TDN’s unique RIPPLE Program™ is centered on the notion of embodied knowledge and the cultivation of multiple intelligences — emotional, intellectual and physical. Participants are given a different language to communicate with, drawn from their cultural reservoirs, as well as a venue where they can freely conceptualize and vocalize their feelings. Our curriculum also includes a workshop session on PrEP/PEP Decision-Making Education & Counseling.*
The program integrates 3 modules:
- Dance Mediation – The Dance Mediation module is an innovative and holistic approach to prevention centered on the notion of embodied knowledge. Through body-centered experiences, participants gain both self-awareness and a sense of belonging.
- Storytelling Dynamics – Through the exploration of social and culturally relevant stories, the Storytelling Dynamics module engages adolescents in active listening about prevention and promotes self-expression and dialogue. The sessions give a voice to the teens’ own narratives.
- Social Photography Workshop – Participants learn rudimentary photography skills while gaining a deeper understanding of their surrounding community and health-related issues. The Social Photography module fosters a process of self-expression and thoughtful communication about identity and community.
To schedule a workshop / seminar session, click here
*PrEP = Pre-exposure Prophylaxis; PEP = Post-exposure Prophylaxis. Type of counseling that understands the critical role of context in determining risk behavior, and focuses on developing strategies to assist our program participants, who are HIV negative, avoid and/or overcome triggers or other situations that might make it difficult for them to achieve their sexual health promotion goals.
Disclaimer: The RIPPLE Program, the Tour to Health and the Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellowship are trademarks of Transdiapora Network, Inc. They are protected by U.S. Copyright Laws and are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Transdiaspora Network, Inc. Copyright 2011 Transdiaspora Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- 10/21/2021 Racism a Public Health Crisis in NYC - “To build a healthier New York City, we must confront racism as a public health crisis,” said Health Commissioner... >>read more
- 10/19/2021 Young People Have A New Advocate - Soccer champion Didier Drogba appointed Goodwill Ambassador to promote health equity among young people... >>read more
- 09/25/2021 Psychological Support in Educational Centers - Our blog has been updated with a new reflection written by Alicia Rando, TDN Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellow... >>read more
- 08/14/2021 Youth, Divine Treasure - Reflection written by TDN Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellow Alicia Rando... >>read more
- 07/26/2021 COVID-19: Challenge on Health Equity and Quality Education - Reflection written by TDN Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellow Alicia Rando... >>read more