TDN’s unique RIPPLE Program™ is centered on the notion of embodied knowledge and the cultivation of multiple intelligences — emotional, intellectual and physical. Participants are given a different language to communicate with, drawn from their cultural reservoirs, as well as a venue where they can freely conceptualize and vocalize their feelings. Our curriculum also includes a workshop session on PrEP/PEP Decision-Making Education & Counseling.*
The program integrates 3 modules:
- Dance Mediation – The Dance Mediation module is an innovative and holistic approach to prevention centered on the notion of embodied knowledge. Through body-centered experiences, participants gain both self-awareness and a sense of belonging.
- Storytelling Dynamics – Through the exploration of social and culturally relevant stories, the Storytelling Dynamics module engages adolescents in active listening about HIV prevention and promotes self-expression and dialogue. The sessions give a voice to the teens’ own narratives.
- Social Photography Workshop – Participants learn rudimentary photography skills while gaining a deeper understanding of their surrounding community and HIV-related issues. The Social Photography module fosters a process of self-expression and thoughtful communication about identity and community.
To schedule a workshop / seminar session, click here
*PrEP = Pre-exposure Prophylaxis; PEP = Post-exposure Prophylaxis. Type of counseling that understands the critical role of context in determining risk behavior, and focuses on developing strategies to assist our program participants, who are HIV negative, avoid and/or overcome triggers or other situations that might make it difficult for them to achieve their sexual health promotion goals.
Disclaimer: The RIPPLE Program, the Tour to Health and the Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellowship are trademarks of Transdiapora Network, Inc. They are protected by U.S. Copyright Laws and are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Transdiaspora Network, Inc. Copyright 2011 Transdiaspora Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- 10/05/2019 National Latino AIDS Awareness Day - Transdiaspora Network is hosting a panel on October 18th from 6:00 to 8:00PM... read more>>
- 08/20/2019 Transcending Partnership Agreement! - NYS Assemblymember Diana Richardson welcomes long-term partnership with our NGO...read more>>
- 08/19/2019 Outstanding Outcome! - Transdiaspora Network senior managers meet NYCDOHMH representatives with positive results...read more>>
- 08/12/2019 International Youth Day - Message from TDN Chief Operating Officer... read more>>
- 08/11/2019 TDN Community Blog Updated - Take a look at the latest entries posted in our blog written by our Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellow... read more>>