TDN’s unique RIPPLE Program™ is centered on the notion of embodied knowledge and the cultivation of multiple intelligences — emotional, intellectual and physical. Participants are given a different language to communicate with, drawn from their cultural reservoirs, as well as a venue where they can freely conceptualize and vocalize their feelings.
The program integrates 3 modules:
- Music to Alleviate (MU2AL) – Assist participants find themselves through the benefit of music as it generates emotions and feelings. Thanks to music, as it awakens emotions, it is possible to get to the root of their problems from the personal experience of each participant, and in this way, discover, redirect and/or solve those experiential problems and the behaviors associated with them. Through an innovative virtual educational platform, participants gain both self-awareness and a sense of belonging.
- Storytelling Dynamics – Through the exploration of social and culturally relevant stories, the Storytelling Dynamics module engages adolescents in active listening about prevention and promotes self-expression and dialogue. The sessions give a voice to the youth’s own narratives.
- Social Photography Workshop – Participants learn rudimentary photography skills while gaining a deeper understanding of their surrounding community and health-related issues. The Social Photography module fosters a process of self-expression and thoughtful communication about identity and community.
To schedule a workshop / seminar session, click here
Disclaimer: The RIPPLE Program and the Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellowship are trademarks of Transdiapora Network, Inc. They are protected by U.S. Copyright Laws and are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Transdiaspora Network, Inc. Copyright 2011 Transdiaspora Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- 02/17/2022 Health in Music & Sport - Here we have a research study written by TDN Youth Ambassador... read more>>
- 02/16/2022 Oral & Written Official Statement to the United Nations - TDN Youth Ambassador Alicia Rando talked about youth leadership, digital gap and quality education... read more>>
- 12/29/2021 The Road to City Hall - TDN Youth Ambassador Alicia Rando reflects on the role of youth in public administration... read more>>
- 11/07/2021 New TDN Youth Ambassador - Transdiaspora Network is pleased to officially announce the promotion of Alicia Rando... >>read more
- 11/01/2021 The Future of New York City - Mayoral elections. Eric Adams. These are the words that are heard the most on the streets of New York... >>read more