TDN’s unique RIPPLE Program™ is centered on the notion of embodied knowledge and the cultivation of multiple intelligences — emotional, intellectual and physical. Participants are given a different language to communicate with, drawn from their cultural reservoirs, as well as a venue where they can freely conceptualize and vocalize their feelings. Our curriculum also includes a workshop session on PrEP/PEP Decision-Making Education & Counseling.*
The program integrates 3 modules:
- Dance Mediation – The Dance Mediation module is an innovative and holistic approach to prevention centered on the notion of embodied knowledge. Through body-centered experiences, participants gain both self-awareness and a sense of belonging.
- Storytelling Dynamics – Through the exploration of social and culturally relevant stories, the Storytelling Dynamics module engages adolescents in active listening about HIV prevention and promotes self-expression and dialogue. The sessions give a voice to the teens’ own narratives.
- Social Photography Workshop – Participants learn rudimentary photography skills while gaining a deeper understanding of their surrounding community and HIV-related issues. The Social Photography module fosters a process of self-expression and thoughtful communication about identity and community.
*PrEP = Pre-exposure Prophylaxis; PEP = Post-exposure Prophylaxis. Type of counseling that understands the critical role of context in determining risk behavior, and focuses on developing strategies to assist our program participants, who are HIV negative, avoid and/or overcome triggers or other situations that might make it difficult for them to achieve their sexual health promotion goals.
Disclaimer: The RIPPLE Program, the BOLD Initiative, the Tour to Health and the Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellowship are trademarks of Transdiapora Network, Inc. They are protected by U.S. Copyright Laws and are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Transdiaspora Network, Inc. Copyright 2011 Transdiaspora Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- 09/04/2018 Nelson Mandela Peace Summit - On Sept. 24th, our President/Founder Ariel Rojas will be in attendance as an observer to the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit at the United Nations headquarters.
- 09/04/2018 New ECOSOC President - Earlier this summer, Rhonda King of the Caribbean island nation of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, was voted in as the new President of ECOSOC... >>read more
- 08/20/2018 Kofi Annan's AIDS legacy - Mr. Annan characterized the impact of AIDS as the single greatest reversal in the history of human development, the greatest challenge of our generation... read more>>
- 07/15/2018 Long Life to the teens! - Note from TDN founder following the statement of soccer legend Pelé... read more>>
- 04/10/2018 National Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day - Only 10% of U.S. high school students have ever been tested for HIV ...>>read more