Brooklyn, NY (Aug. 13, 2017) – Transdiaspora Network, in partnership with the Global Peace Foundation and the Brooklyn Borough President Office, has registered a 20-member delegation of culturally-diverse young people to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit that is taking place at the United Nations on Wednesday, August 16th.
The annual International Young Leaders Assembly (IYLA) Global Summit at the United Nations (UN) is held to inspire the young generation to hear and network with talented young professionals and officials, who have already made significant changes in their communities and abroad. The speakers will discuss about their positive impacts and the critical issues that continue to plague our society.
The Global Peace Foundation believes that youth driven by noble visions can tackle many of the longstanding divisions and crises faced by humanity today with their energy, passion and ability to dream beyond the current reality. However, youth of today face many challenges. Some 300 million youth are unemployed or underemployed. In many regions, their idealism makes them easy targets for extremist groups, and they are often victim to socially destructive behaviors like substance abuse and violence.
- 07/15/2018 Long Life to the teens! - Statement from TDN founder following Pelé touching message... read more>>
- 04/10/2018 National Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day - Only 10% of U.S. high school students have ever been tested for HIV ...>>read more
- 03/31/2018 Community Blog - Transdiaspora Network blog has been updated with a new report regarding the 62nd session of the Commission on the Status of Women... >>read more
- 09/16/2017 TDN Emergency Relief Fund - The path of destruction left behind by Hurricane Irma means victims’ need for assistance is only beginning... >>DONATE HERE!
- 08/13/2017 IYLA Global Summit - Transdiaspora Network has registered a 20-member delegation to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit... >>read more