Brooklyn, NY (Aug. 13, 2017) – Transdiaspora Network, in partnership with the Global Peace Foundation and the Brooklyn Borough President Office, has registered a 20-member delegation of culturally-diverse young people to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit that is taking place at the United Nations on Wednesday, August 16th.
The annual International Young Leaders Assembly (IYLA) Global Summit at the United Nations (UN) is held to inspire the young generation to hear and network with talented young professionals and officials, who have already made significant changes in their communities and abroad. The speakers will discuss about their positive impacts and the critical issues that continue to plague our society.
The Global Peace Foundation believes that youth driven by noble visions can tackle many of the longstanding divisions and crises faced by humanity today with their energy, passion and ability to dream beyond the current reality. However, youth of today face many challenges. Some 300 million youth are unemployed or underemployed. In many regions, their idealism makes them easy targets for extremist groups, and they are often victim to socially destructive behaviors like substance abuse and violence.
- 09/16/2017 TDN Emergency Relief Fund - The path of destruction left behind by Hurricane Irma means victims’ need for assistance is only beginning... >>DONATE HERE!
- 08/13/2017 IYLA Global Summit - Transdiaspora Network has registered a 20-member delegation to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit... >>read more
- 07/27/2017 Youth Building Peace - Our founder Ariel Rojas, and a delegation of youth, are invited to attend the commemoration of the International Youth Day 2017 at the United Nations... >>read more
- 06/13/2017 TDN Civic Night at Brooklyn Farmacy - TDN Founder invited to introduce our cross-cultural initiative to Brooklyn residents and businesses [June 14, 7PM, 513 Henry St., Bklyn]... >>read more
- 05/05/2017 ECOSOC 2018 Consultative Status Application - NGOs interested in applying for ECOSOC consultative status should submit their application and required documents before 1 June 2017... read more>>