Brooklyn, NY (Aug. 13, 2017) – Transdiaspora Network, in partnership with the Global Peace Foundation and the Brooklyn Borough President Office, has registered a 20-member delegation of culturally-diverse young people to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit that is taking place at the United Nations on Wednesday, August 16th.
The annual International Young Leaders Assembly (IYLA) Global Summit at the United Nations (UN) is held to inspire the young generation to hear and network with talented young professionals and officials, who have already made significant changes in their communities and abroad. The speakers will discuss about their positive impacts and the critical issues that continue to plague our society.
The Global Peace Foundation believes that youth driven by noble visions can tackle many of the longstanding divisions and crises faced by humanity today with their energy, passion and ability to dream beyond the current reality. However, youth of today face many challenges. Some 300 million youth are unemployed or underemployed. In many regions, their idealism makes them easy targets for extremist groups, and they are often victim to socially destructive behaviors like substance abuse and violence.
- 07/11/2019 ECOSOC High-Level Political Forum - TDN representatives and partners attended this transcending meeting at the U.N...>>read more
- 07/08/2019 NYC Commissioner Welcomes TDN - NYC Commissioner Mr. Victor Calise met with TDN President/Founder...>>read more
- 07/04/2019 Happy 4th of July! - "Freedom is the atmosphere in which humanity thrives. Breath it in." - Richelle E. Goodrich
- 06/20/2019 Collaborative Partnership - Transdiaspora Network and Brightpoint Health has agreed to forge a new partnership...>>read more
- 05/15/2019 Science, Technology & Innovation - TDN President/Founder attended the annual Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science Technology and Innovation for the SDGs...>>read more