Brooklyn, NY (Aug. 13, 2017) – Transdiaspora Network, in partnership with the Global Peace Foundation and the Brooklyn Borough President Office, has registered a 20-member delegation of culturally-diverse young people to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit that is taking place at the United Nations on Wednesday, August 16th.
The annual International Young Leaders Assembly (IYLA) Global Summit at the United Nations (UN) is held to inspire the young generation to hear and network with talented young professionals and officials, who have already made significant changes in their communities and abroad. The speakers will discuss about their positive impacts and the critical issues that continue to plague our society.
The Global Peace Foundation believes that youth driven by noble visions can tackle many of the longstanding divisions and crises faced by humanity today with their energy, passion and ability to dream beyond the current reality. However, youth of today face many challenges. Some 300 million youth are unemployed or underemployed. In many regions, their idealism makes them easy targets for extremist groups, and they are often victim to socially destructive behaviors like substance abuse and violence.
- 04/06/2020 UN75 Survey - Shaping Our Future. Our Generation’s Challenges, Our Tomorrow: Time of Reflection... >>read more
- 10/05/2019 National Latino AIDS Awareness Day - Transdiaspora Network is hosting a panel on October 18th from 6:00 to 8:00PM... read more>>
- 08/20/2019 Transcending Partnership Agreement! - NYS Assemblymember Diana Richardson welcomes long-term partnership with our NGO...read more>>
- 08/19/2019 Outstanding Outcome! - Transdiaspora Network senior managers meet NYCDOHMH representatives with positive results...read more>>
- 08/12/2019 International Youth Day - Message from TDN Chief Operating Officer... read more>>