Written by TDN Chief Operating Officer Lissette Marrero, MSW
New York, NY (Aug. 12, 2019) – The 2019 IYLA Global Summit at the U.N. on August 9th was a day filled with the energetic brilliance of today’s youth. It’s was an honor to be surrounded by such positive leadership and to see the results of their work through innovation, inspiration and global impact. This is why Transdiaspora Network (TDN) uses its unique approach of empowering youth around issues related to health promotion, quality education and gender equality because we believe that they have the tools, the language, and the vision to impact their peers not only from a generational perspective, but also from a diverse, cultural and linguistic perspective. Long Life to our Youth on this day!
*International Youth Day (IYD) is an awareness day designated by the United Nations. The purpose of the day is to draw attention to a given set of cultural and legal issues surrounding youth. The first IYD was observed on 12 August, 2000.
- 10/05/2019 National Latino AIDS Awareness Day - Transdiaspora Network is hosting a panel on October 18th from 6:00 to 8:00PM... read more>>
- 08/20/2019 Transcending Partnership Agreement! - NYS Assemblymember Diana Richardson welcomes long-term partnership with our NGO...read more>>
- 08/19/2019 Outstanding Outcome! - Transdiaspora Network senior managers meet NYCDOHMH representatives with positive results...read more>>
- 08/12/2019 International Youth Day - Message from TDN Chief Operating Officer... read more>>
- 08/11/2019 TDN Community Blog Updated - Take a look at the latest entries posted in our blog written by our Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellow... read more>>