“Engaging with culture means dialogue, working with channels of communication that are favored and valued within a community…” – Ariel Rojas | TDN Founder
Combining educational, recreational and therapeutic elements, our programs’ PRE-primary HIV prevention model brings innovation to the traditional public healthcare approach by bridging the wellness gap among youth of low-income and immigrant backgrounds, incorporating the community’s cultural values, and creating a sense of ownership over their own health, which they need to sustain the development of their local communities and to compete fairly in today’s interdependent world. The programs identify and provide cultural antibodies* that allow young participants to assess risks and opportunities, improve their civic engagement and leadership skills, and organically expand their personal goals as well as their vision of a future linked to empowering social milieus.
Our constituencies are adolescents and young adults exercising their sexual rights while negotiating how their cultural heritage and family traditions interplay with the realities of peer pressure, reproductive health and sexually-transmitted diseases, especially HIV, in environments not always conducive to communication and open dialogue. At each programming cycle, our organization has the capacity to serve high school students and provide various internships to college students as well as field practice opportunities to graduate students to engage in local public health initiatives cost effectively. Our methodology’s final goal is proactively engage participants in our pioneering development educational enhancement programs (d.e.e.p.), so they can positively influence their informal networks of family, friends, peers and their local communities.
* term coined by TDN Founder Ariel Rojas
Disclaimer: The RIPPLE Program and the Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellowship are trademarks of Transdiapora Network, Inc. They are protected by U.S. Copyright Laws and are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Transdiaspora Network, Inc. Copyright 2011 Transdiaspora Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- 08/20/2019 Transcending Partnership Agreement! - NYS Assemblymember Diana Richardson welcomes long-term partnership with our NGO...read more>>
- 08/19/2019 Outstanding Outcome! - Transdiaspora Network senior managers meet NYCDOHMH representatives with positive results...read more>>
- 08/12/2019 International Youth Day - Message from TDN Chief Operating Officer... read more>>
- 08/11/2019 TDN Community Blog Updated - Take a look at the latest entries posted in our blog written by our Cross-cultural Youth Exchange Fellow... read more>>
- 07/11/2019 ECOSOC High-Level Political Forum - TDN representatives and partners attended this transcending meeting at the U.N...>>read more