TDN Digital & IT Strategist Jonathan Zacks attend a career day at Origins High School in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, on January 20, 2015 invited by Site Supervisor Dara Kammerman, LMSW, from Partnership with Children. During his presentation at the event, Jonathan empowered the students to be more proactive in the use of technology as a tool to positively impact their life and their own communities. Here are some of recommendations he shared with the teenagers:
1) Learn to code. Programming is not just for programmers anymore. Technology and code are a growing part of every field, and touch every part of society.
2) Figure out what you’re good at and what you like enough to spend time doing; figure out how to get paid for it, and get really good at it.
Origins High School is a district public school that prepares students for success in college by building on strengths and being attentive to individual needs. Administration and teachers make it a priority to know students and families well through their advisory program. Their inquiry-based curriculum asks students to develop questions, conduct research, and prepare in-depth projects that exhibit their learning. Origins’ challenging liberal arts education is grounded in small group work, reading analysis, and an emphasis on writing.
- 09/16/2017 TDN Emergency Relief Fund - The path of destruction left behind by Hurricane Irma means victims’ need for assistance is only beginning... >>DONATE HERE!
- 08/13/2017 IYLA Global Summit - Transdiaspora Network has registered a 20-member delegation to the International Young Leaders Assembly Global Summit... >>read more
- 07/27/2017 Youth Building Peace - Our founder Ariel Rojas, and a delegation of youth, are invited to attend the commemoration of the International Youth Day 2017 at the United Nations... >>read more
- 06/13/2017 TDN Civic Night at Brooklyn Farmacy - TDN Founder invited to introduce our cross-cultural initiative to Brooklyn residents and businesses [June 14, 7PM, 513 Henry St., Bklyn]... >>read more
- 05/05/2017 ECOSOC 2018 Consultative Status Application - NGOs interested in applying for ECOSOC consultative status should submit their application and required documents before 1 June 2017... read more>>