From May 14th to the 15th, 2019, TDN President/Founder Ariel Rojas attended the 4th Annual Multi-Stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the SDGs (STI Forum), which launched a call for innovations to accelerate progress towards education, job creation, peace and reduced inequalities. The Forum is also addressing a number of cross-cutting themes, including the impacts of rapid technological change, STI roadmaps, gender and STI, and indigenous knowledge.
TDN President/Founder Ariel Rojas had the immense privilege to interact briefly with a group of high school students (Saint Barnabas HS, The Bronx), who were having a U.N. guide tour to learn about the SDGs. As an ECOSOC NGO representative, he was informally invited by their teachers to speak with them regarding social impact and personal responsibility at a local level.
Indigenous people are the owners of a shared knowledge that comes from their interaction with the land. Innovation is their way of survival by contemplating the perpetual cycle of life. Science is codified in their oral traditions and they call it wisdom… TDN President/Founder Ariel Rojas posing with indigenous leaders: (L to R) Mr. Freddy Mamani Gutierrez, Aymara architect in the Plurinational State of Bolivia; Mr. Josè R. López (moderator); Ms. Minnie Degawan, Director of the Indigenous and Traditional People Program of Conservation; and Ms. Chandra Roy-Henriksen, Chief of the Secretariat of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues.
- 04/06/2020 UN75 Survey - Shaping Our Future. Our Generation’s Challenges, Our Tomorrow: Time of Reflection... >>read more
- 10/05/2019 National Latino AIDS Awareness Day - Transdiaspora Network is hosting a panel on October 18th from 6:00 to 8:00PM... read more>>
- 08/20/2019 Transcending Partnership Agreement! - NYS Assemblymember Diana Richardson welcomes long-term partnership with our NGO...read more>>
- 08/19/2019 Outstanding Outcome! - Transdiaspora Network senior managers meet NYCDOHMH representatives with positive results...read more>>
- 08/12/2019 International Youth Day - Message from TDN Chief Operating Officer... read more>>